Air analysis wood preservatives
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Order number: SW10017
Especially in older buildings where wood preservatives, PCB-containing substances or harmful parquet adhesives were used in the past, low-volatile organic compounds are often found. In the 1960s and 1970s, pentachlorophenol was one of the most commonly used wood preservatives. It can damage the nervous and immune systems.
✓ Our indoor air analysis wood preservatives analyses your air or also materials for pentachlorophenol, in addition to all compounds which are analysed in the indoor air analysis residential toxins.
This is how the room air analysis Wood Preservatives works
- Order the air analysis wood preservatives here in our shop. You will receive a test kit with all the necessary materials. The test does not require any experience or prior knowledge.
- Take the sample yourself using the enclosed Take the sample when and where you want with the utensils provided by us. Send it directly to the laboratory using the return box provided.
- The sample is examined in the laboratory and you will receive a detailed analysis report after about 2-3 weeks. This will tell you which pollutants were detected and how high the contamination of the room air or the examined object is.
Contents of the room air analysis Wood Preservatives:
- 1 collection tube
- Instructions for sampling with recording sheet
- Prepaid return label
As with all our analyses, the costs for the laboratory analysis are already included in the price!
These parameters are analysed:
Approx. 50 low volatile organic compounds and pentachlorophenol:
1,2,3-trichlorobenzene, 1,3,5-trichlorobenzene, 1,2,4-trichlorobenzene, aldrin, dieldrin, endrin, heptachlor, heptachlor epoxide, benzo(a)pyrene, benzo(b)fluoranthene, benzo(k)fluoranthene, Benzo(ghi)perylene, Fluoranthene, Indeno(1,2,3-c,d)pyrene, Hexachlorobenzene, Pentachlorobenzene, Pentachloronitrobenzene, Methoxychlor, Tris(2-chloroethyl)phosphate, PCB 28, PCB 52, PCB 101, PCB 138, PCB 153, PCB 180, 1,2,3,4-tetrachlorobenzene, 1,2,3,5-tetrachlorobenzene, 1,2,4,5-tetrachlorobenzene, a-hexachlorocyclohexane, b-hexachlorocyclohexane, g-hexachlorocyclohexane (lindane), d-hexachlorocyclohexane, e-hexachlorohexane, trans-permethrin, cis-permethrin, 4,4'-DDT, 2,4'-DDT, 4,4'-DDE, 2,4'-DDE, 4,4'-DDD, 2,4'-DDD, a-endosulfan, b-endosulfan, pentachlorophenol
- Pentachlorophenol: wood preservative frequently used in the 1960s and 1970s; still dangerous today due to its longevity and high toxicity; still reaches Germany through imported wood; can damage the immune and nervous systems
- Lindane: widespread insecticide that was also used as an indoor wood preservative in Germany until the mid-1980s; suspected of causing cancer.
- Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs): found e.g. as plasticisers and flame retardants in old plastics; can cause damage to the nervous and immune systems
- DDT: was used as an insecticide until the 1970s; still finds its way into German households through products from developing countries.
- Benzo(a)pyrene: Lead substance of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) - these get into indoor air e.g. through old parquet glue and incomplete combustion processes (cigarette smoke); is considered the main trigger for lung cancer triggered by tobacco smoke
Do you still have questions about the results? - No problem! Our service team will be happy to help you by phone or e-mail!
Please note: The analyses are designed for self-monitoring. A judicial or official usability of the analysis results cannot be guaranteed, since, among other things, the sampling is done by the customer himself. Sampling by a trained, independent sampler is required for these analyses. Do you need a sampler? We will be happy to help you.